Friday, July 28, 2017
1. We admitted we were powerless over the effects of aging - that our lives had become exhausting trying to keep up with younger people and we looked like idiots doing it.
2. We believe that a power greater than ourselves (Anti-depressants, anti-inflammatories, and pain-killers) could help us to embrace aging so we can stop complaining.
3. Made a decision to turn our gray hair, wrinkles, saggy skin, aches and pains and our pitiful lives over to the care of a good doctor, the government and a good massage therapist.
4. Made a searching inventory weekly - to keep track of doctors appointments and refilling our weekly pill containers.
5. Admitted to our Shrinks, our blog and to another old person the exact nature of our crankiness.
6. Were entirely ready to get rid of all of our defects of character before we die - so that our loved ones will remember us, sweetly.
7. Humbly asked... who ever will listen!
8. Made a long list of all persons we had been mean and rude to and became willing to make amends to them all before we die.
9. Made direct amends to such people if they are still alive so we can clear our guilty conscience. If not, we're screwed.
10. Continued to take inventory before we forget.
11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God Almighty, Jesus, Abraham, Issac and Jacob, Allah, Buddha, Thor, Zeus and Odin for our eventual death and that it will be quick and painless.
12. Having had this awakening as the result of these Steps, we tried to carry this message, to other old people - as we remember it. Or die trying.
Thursday, July 27, 2017
There are some who sing to the music and others who listen. I like to sing at times - mostly I love to really listen to the music. Especially good music - I like to focus on the instruments - bass guitar, rhythm guitar, drums, piano - some backgrounds have orchestras and I love to try and listen to just that. Or if the singer is especially gifted, I enjoy hearing THEIR voice - not mine or yours!
Then there are the ones who love to sing to the music. Fine and dandy if you are the only one, listening to it. I don't want to listen to someone else, slaughter a really good song, just because they want to sing to it. Most people believe they have a better singing voice than they really do. I mean, look at American Idol? My ex-husband thought he had such a good voice. He was ALWAYS singing to the radio. The louder I would turn up the volume, the louder he sang! Finally, I had to just be rude and tell him, "I want to hear so-in-so sing, not you."
Drives me nuts.
My step daughter, Char does this. She sings really loud and I can't even decipher the song or the voice. I've told her - she doesn't get offended- she just forgets and says with a smile, "Oh Mom"
When I am alone, yeah, I'll sing to my heart's content but it's for my ears ONLY.
Years ago - when I was in the 4th grade our class was singing in a program at school. I loved to sing and would sing very loud and proud. The teacher came up to me just before we went on, to tell me to just "mouth the words." It crushed my spirit. For years, I wouldn't let anyone hear me sing.
Maybe that is why I am so annoyed by loud singers.
Tuesday, July 25, 2017
This is one of my many pet peeves. You hear it all the time now, in the media. "The Outrage is Growing" Really?
Hey, I know what the media is doing. They love to stir the pot - get people riled up and anger sells newspapers or digital subscriptions.
There are several types of outrage:
Social Media Outrage
Here are a few outrages I have collected:
Growing Outrage Over Many Policies From New Administration
Growing outrage over Bill Maher's racial slur on live television
Outrage is growing at Republicans following a controversial vote Tuesday
Outrage Growing Over Police-Involved Shooting In Southern California
Outrage is growing after a Channelview teacher named a student “most likely to become a terrorist.” Outrage growing over arrests during Arizona immigration protest
Outrage is growing over the acquittal of a taxi driver who had been charged with sexual assault
Outrage has grown at Walter Reed Middle School in North Hollywood, as the school faces ...
Outrage and protests over President Trump's executive order banning ...
Hollywood actor Johnny Depp drew outrage for suggesting that he would like ...
There's growing outrage over newly leaked footage from the movie "A Dog's Purpose."
Outrage is growing over a visitation service for a Georgia military veteran.
Outrage growing over Christian woman's sentence to hang
I'll say it again...REALLY?
The media tries to tell us what to think and how to think - I would think, if the country was growing in OUTRAGE, as reported - they would be calling out the National Guard to keep us contained from all that outrage. Most of these so-called "outrages" have come and gone.
Frankly, I am OUTRAGED by the media - because they think we are DUMB and keep using this to tell us how we should be feeling or reacting.
This has not been "my summer." I had another gall bladder attack last week. Painful to say the least. My surgery is set for ...
I was laying in bed the other night, thinking about the medical marijuana and how times have changed - I remembered that I smoked my...
I miss newspapers the way they used to be. As a child, my Mom always subcribed to the San Francisco Chronicle, a morning paper. Occasio...
We ALL have issues. I know I sure have mine. Being an introvert, conjours up all kinds of issues with myself and hey, at least I admit...
The flying dog So I mentioned the painting - I didn't mention the Fence. Our lab-pit Laydee learned how to climb the fence. No...
I fiddled with WordPress for days, and decided, it's too snooty for me. It's not as user-friendly as blogger. So I can...
I've been a blogger for many years - since 2006 on this account and going back longer on another. I blogged just about every day - b...